Why People Get Fatter During Ramadan + Vox-pop



Many have wondered; scientists and even lay thinkers, how come some people get fatter during the fasting month. A lay thinker would make this hypothetical conclusion:  Those who get fatter are hypocrites who only pretend to be fasting. However, as a Biochemist, I've taken some time to research the true reason behind this mysterious swell in size. 
Here are my explanations::


Exaggeration of Sahur and Iftar: Almost everyone is a culprit of this. And of course, it is logical... The volume of fuel in a car determines how far it can travel. But,there is a but...eating so much leads to obesity. Remember? So, even though we don't eat during the day, it most times doesn't matter at all.


            Sleep, Sleep, Sleep:


 Ask around, most of those who get fatter during Ramadan probably sleep immediately after Fajr and after Taraweeh. And who said it is wrong to sleep at these times? Just make sure your fats are not bioaccumulating into obesity.lol...Some folks even sleep or hybernate  during the day in bid to minimize energy loss through work and strenuous activities.

King Diet: 

Seriously, most of us do not enjoy so much diversity in diet and nutrition as we do during Ramadan. We break with dates, orange, Banana or other variety of fruits. And we drink a whole lot of water to replenish the 14 hours old dehydration. After devouring appetizers, we move ahead to the main course; Fried rice and roasted chicken, Beans and plantain...ecetra. These contributes to the number calories we accumulate per day. As I said, I am a Biochemist, believe me when I say Ramadan is a great opportunity to get really chubby.

I added comments of some Muslims on the question
Do you gain or loss weight during Ramadan?

Here are the answers:

Yusuf Ibrahim: Lol...I don't notice. But I guess I remain the same. It doesn't matter if one loses or gains weight, but the norm is you are supposed to lose weight due to the rigorous activities...There're some individuals that their nature is just being bodied.....and that doesn't mean they didn't do ibaadat.

Akande Dhikrah: I remain the same...I don't know about others

Yusuf Ayodele: Well, I don't borther check my weight in Ramadan. But I think I become thinner.

Olatunji Mustapha: I think I remain the same

You can add yours in the comment box below .Asalamualeikum

0 comments: