Please Sir, I Want Some More

This is the winning poem in an impromptu writing competition held on Poesy Writers WhatsApp group

PLEASE SIR, I WANT SOME MORE...

With that bowl in his grip,
the fork at his pocket's view
Oliver's hunger is unfulfilled
tremblingly requesting more few

I see in his blue glittery eyes
Twitch of fear with his demand
Against all odds for more fries
To fuel the yearning at hand

Penury enshrouded his charms
Dirt darkened his bright smile
One could see he's spent his life
In agony of tilling crude farms

Oh withered in wraps of rags
Is the cruel fate of this poor chap
Unfairly bred in harsh order
Graceless angel, how so sad

Patches designed his little coat
That serves as shield from the night's cold
Which freezes Twist's body-whole
Though Oliver Twist had no home

O such a gentle child
Orphanage thus drove him wild
None to lean his head upon
Though all his hopes ain't gone

Behind the scars was handsomeness
Beyond his eyes, relentlessness
Betide my heart with endless Ruth
I felt his ache in hopeless droops

Who will buy my pitiful feelings?
For a destitute that's thus drooping...
Who will find a permanent healing?
For this lad without twice thinking...

I'M With you little oliver
I don't know who you are
I don't care where you are
But I.... Am..... With.... You.

NATHAN Q. (SKYWALKER™)

0 comments: