I Will Hold My Pen To Bed

A poem dedicated to my siblings ; Brother Yusuf, Aisha, Abdulazeez and Halima Olalere



I will hold my pen to bed
When the day comes with no words for poetry
I will dream of our infant voices
as mother warns us to quit the dashes
Yet we will run into to the kitchen
Hiding and seeking
Happy and smiling

That I may wake and forget
the nice warm memories of once upon a time
When we played childishly
'cause we were truly children
I shall dream of them
Even if they are now dusty voices

A paper on my chest,
And a pen on my right
While I layed in bed
I had penned a poem before that goes thus ;
"I dreamt of our infant voices
         As mother warned us to quit the dashes
        Yet,we ran into the kitchen
         Hiding and seeking,
         Happy and smiling"

Ibrahim Olalere

Like my facebook page fb.com/poesypoems 

 to get more

0 comments: