Read best poems from around the world... Olalere's included!





















A poem  dedicated to my siblings ; Brother Yusuf, Aisha, Abdulazeez and Halima Olalere  
I WILL HOLD MY PEN TO BED

' I will hold my pen to bed
When the day comes with no words for poetry
I will dream of our infant voices
as mother warns us to quit the dashes
Yet we will run into to the kitchen
Hiding and seeking
Happy and smiling
That I may wake and forget
the nice warm memories of once upon a time
When we played childishly
'cause we were truly children
I shall dream of them
Even if they are now dusty voices
A paper on my chest,
And a pen on my right
While I layed in bed
I had penned a poem before that goes thus ;
       "I dreamt of our infant voices
         As mother warned us to quit the dashes
        Yet,we ran into the kitchen
         Hiding and seeking,
         Happy and smiling"
Ibrahim Olalere
 
________________________________________________________
Something tells me not to stop until Olalere becomes a word in the dictionary...🙈..
Seriously, Einstein did it😼
Now read best poems from around the world
wildsoundfestivalreview.com
Mine included! 😊

0 comments: