My first work to get published.. [MIRROR]

I got published for the first time in the Youth Pen Magazine. Truly, I was overwhelmed and super glad when the Editor - Mr Yusuf Ayodele of MSSN UNILAG commended my poems and listed "MIRROR" as one of the write-ups for publication. Although, I didn’t really like it that such ancient poem of mine was chosen but the truth is, if I don't say, no one would ever discover that it was written during my secondary school days.

Read:

Mirror

My right was your left
My curiosity gave you a serious face
In a will to know each other better
But we had a common boundary
Then I knew you were not a stranger

I saw the innocence in your eyes
The guilt behind your blinks
Your thoughts had me surrounded
You were a fellow in disguise
Had to look deep in your heart
Found love at the deepest part
That which mattered as hatred
I knew your wants through your stare
Life cruelty was what you feared

As tear balls of wishes ran down her jaw
I traveled into your dream
In there was hope
Providing a reason for you to live
I smiled and you smiled
Then I knew you were me...

0 comments: