"WHILE I WAS AWAY... "- Olalere

I must admit, Muhammad Abdullah gave me this idea through an email I got yesterday. He actually took his time to explain why he has been away from his blog where thousands of readers perhaps were anticipating his lovely daily posts. And I am about to do the same, only that mine sounds more like weightless excuses to escape the writing duty... Here is how it happened.

1. I somehow loosed my right to write about 2 weeks ago when my B.sc pursuit became choked up with test obstacles. In-course here, in-course there. I got so engraved in the library that I almost didn't have eating breaks.

2. I...I had that syndrome called writer's block. Of course I was able to squeeze out little time from my super busy schedule for writing, but instead of writing during those tiny moments, I just sat and stared at my empty page. I was just too worn out to orchestrate those words into a lovely post.

And this is a brief enumeration of what I have been up to, apart from writing tests upon tests;

1. I evolved into a campaign writer - details about this should come later.
2. A new edition of the Youth Pen Magazine was launched. If I ever told you I am a member of the editorial crew of MSSN UNILAG. Perhaps copies would be sold online or you can just walk up to UNILAG to grab yours..
3. I attended a career program which gingered me to be more proficient in my writing duties.
4. I started some poems that never got completed due to time and writers block. Don't worry, I will share after completion.
Just forgive me for leaving unannounced and for my weightless excuses. And thanks for having me back !


0 comments: