Food for thought... Refugees angry over skimpy Ramadan meals set shelter on fire.



I had a sumptuous meal of Rice and beans, garnished with fried fish and deep red stew for Iftar on Friday. It didn't end there, I continued. The tea was adequately heated  for the rather cold weather. So, drinking to my satisfaction was quite easily done.

Meanwhile,
Somewhere in Germany,Duesseldorf shelter, some of my brothers are reportedly receiving approximately empty bowls of Ramadan meals. 



Note: The scope of this article is not to judge the refugees for getting angry about the skimpy meals and setting the shelter on fire. 
No, I am in no place to judge. 

All, I can do is let the news remind my readers and I that no matter how small you think you have, somebody out there has even less.   We should learn to say 'alhamdulilah' even when you're cork sure that your Sahur or Iftar isn't the best in the world... Let's acknowledge that there are some Muslims in this world who have little or nothing to break their fasts. 

However, it would mean selfishness, if we are fast at saying alhamdulilah but we exclude our brethen in prayers. These men, women and children are refugees sent packing from their homes for the sake of war. I can imagine how painful it is to fast and not get something nice enough to break_ excruciating! 



Who knows, if you join me prayers, Allah might ease their affairs of  Muslims in all nooks and crannies of planet earth; those in Iraq, Palestine, Nigeria, Egypt, Malaysia, America and so on. 
If we don't pray for them, who will?

0 comments: